Laura Claire Meyerkord, M.S., CCC-SLP
Laura Meyerkord is the Administrator of the Geoff Meyerkord Law Firm. She is responsible for managing the firm’s overall operations, including accounting functions, record-keeping, and payment management. Laura has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders from Missouri State University, an Associate in Applied Science Degree in Deaf Communications/Sign-Language Interpreter, and holds a Master of Science Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from Southern Illinois University-Carbondale. Throughout the years Laura has maintained her Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in Speech-Language Pathology through continuing education courses and testing. Laura originally thought she would be a CPA due to her love of numbers, but her passion for mentoring and helping others communicate ultimately inspired her to enter the field of speech pathology. Now, she uses both skill sets as a vital part of our law firm.
Laura was born in Massachusetts and grew up in St. Louis. Her and Geoff met in 1995 and married in 1996. In addition to managing a law firm, Laura has managed to raise four wonderful children and eight dogs over a span of twenty-two years. Laura’s passion for helping others manifests itself in her love of rescuing Saint Bernards. Laura is a supporter of the Saint Bernard Rescue Foundation. With her determination, organization, and passion, she is the glue that holds together our firm and our family.
- Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale, 1998
- Associate in Applied Science in Deaf Communications/Sign-Language Interpreter, St. Louis Community College-Forest Park, 1996
- Bachelor of Science in Communications Sciences and Disorders, Missouri State University, 1994
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in Speech-Language Pathology
- State of Missouri Division of Professional Registration Speech Language Pathologist