St. Louis Burn Injury Attorney
Quality Representation for Burn Survivors and Their Families
Have you suffered burn injuries because of no fault of your own? Or have you lost a loved one in a fire or burn accident caused by someone else?
At Geoff Meyerkord Law Firm, we fight hard to win justice for victims of negligence. Whether you have been severely injured or bereaved, we will use all our resources to get you the compensation you are owed. Our caring burn injury lawyers truly want to help you move forward. Don’t wait to reach out to our team to learn your legal options. There are no legal fees if we don’t win your case!
Contact us onlinetoday to book your free consultation with a St. Louis burn injury lawyer.
Why File a Burn Injury Lawsuit?
If your burn accident can be traced back to negligence, a lawsuit may benefit you in a few ways.
The first is that you may be compensated for your injuries and the impact they have had on your life. Financial compensation can help you pay for the medical care both that you have already received and that you will need in the future. It can also provide a safety net to help you get back on top of things, making up for both financial and emotional/mental losses.
Burn survivors often qualify for compensatory damages such as the following:
- Hospital bills
- Burn treatment, including skin grafts
- Ointments and creams
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Rehabilitative care
- Lost wages
- Reduced future earning potential
- Pain and suffering
In addition to compensation, a burn injury lawsuit may also provide you with closure knowing the at-fault party was held accountable for its negligent actions. Many burn survivors express how much it means for the negligent person, company, or corporation to take responsibility for what happened—sadly, taking legal action is often the only way to force negligent parties to own up to their actions. Within the same vein, a lawsuit may also result in peace of mind knowing that you have helped protect others from the same negligence.
Building a Burn Injury Case
Common Types of Burn Accidents
Unfortunately, there are many different accidents and incidents that may give rise to a burn injury, such as:
- Vehicle fires
- Venue fires
- Apartment or house fires
- Office or workplace fires
- Toxic or caustic chemicals
- Extreme cold
- Exposed electrical wiring
- Ungrounded conductors or hot wires
- Product defects
It is recommended to consult our lawyers, as they can help find whether negligence was committed in your case. If so, you may have a right to compensation. Remember, the most common mistake burn survivors make is thinking that a preventable burn accident was no one’s fault.
The negligent party may have not even been present when the burn was sustained. That does not mean they aren’t to blame, however.
Examples of third-party negligence that could lead to a burn injury include:
- Building code violations
- Fire code violations
- Lack of clearly marked emergency exits
- Pushing a defective product to market
- Failing to test a product for safety hazards
- Failing to warn of safety hazards present at a building or other property
- Failing to include instructions for proper use, such as how to safely use caustic cleaning products
Once negligence is identified, our attorneys will fight tirelessly to hold that party accountable on your behalf.
How Geoff Meyerkord and His Team Can Help You
Our award-winning law firm is recognized by peers and clients as a cut above the rest:
- We have nearly 25 years of legal experience.
- We win a majority of the cases we take to trial.
- We remain available 24/7 to answer your questions.
- We create a personalized strategy for each case.
- We prepare each case to be ready for trial.
- We accept only a select number of cases at a time.
- We don’t charge any fees unless we win your case.
AtGeoff Meyerkord Law Firm, our burn injury attorneys are committed to guiding burn survivors down the path to their rightful compensation. When the at-fault party refuses to compensate you fairly, trust in our kind, empathetic team to lead the charge against them.
Find out if you qualify for compensation—schedule a free consultation with a St. Louis burn injury attorney today.
We Take Cases to Trial
Day or Night, We're Here for You
90% of Success is Preparation